450 total views
The pandemic has made e-commerce more indispensable than ever. With tons of brick and mortar shops shutting down, business owners have turned to e-commerce websites to keep their businesses running. Even amid this COVID-19 situation. 55% of people search for online recommendations and reviews and 47% of people visit business websites before making a purchase. In fact, it is estimated that nearly 95% of purchases will be done through e-commerce by 2040. No wonder even small to medium-sized businesses are planning to join this venture of online business like assignment.reviews, especially due to the pandemic.
Now the problem is there are at least 24 million e-commerce websites across the world. You must be aware of the recent technology trends so that your website stays ahead of the rest of your competitors. Here are the top 8 technology trends that will shape your e-commerce website in the best way possible in 2020.
1. Social media provides an omnichannel experience
87% of online shoppers believe that social media helps them make a proper shopping decision. There are at least 3.5 billion social media users today. Imagine the great amount of traffic your e-commerce can generate if you merge your website with the social media platforms.
Here’s how to use social media for the success of your e-commerce website:
- Use positive reviews to attract more customers
- Expand your store to social channels
- Promote your products on social channels
2. Voice search
The voice search shopping is expected to grow to nearly $40 billion by 2022. 2020 has already witnessed 50% of all internet searches using voice search. Solid SEO, product features and review videos are some of the successful voice search strategies that can help your business deliver a premium customer experience.
Factors to keep in mind while using voice search on your website:
- Optimize your site’s speed.
- Use more long-tail keywords and question phrases.
- Build a mobile-responsive e-commerce website
3. Personalized chatbots
Almost 47% of consumers rely on chatbots when it comes to purchasing from an e-commerce site. Chatbots use AI or Artificial Intelligence to understand a customer’s preferences. The chatbots can then create a more personalized online shopping experience for each customer.
Advantages of using chatbots:
- Their responses are not only consistent but on-time.
- You can collect a huge amount of data from the chatbots and use the data to cater to your customer’s needs and expectations.
- Your target audience can interact with chatbots via SMA, social media and live chat.
4. Product videos
Customers tend to feel more confident in products when they see a relevant video about those products. No wonder these videos improve conversion rates of your e-commerce sites by 85% and increases email click-through rates by nearly 96%.
Three killer tips for creating interesting product videos:
- Show how your product fits in the bigger picture of your customer’s lives.
- Describe your product in details through the videos.
- Highlight the effort that went into making the product or designing the service.
5. Progressive Web Apps or PWAs
These are websites that can be accessed directly in a browser. PWAs provide the high-converting experience and features of a native app. Your customers don’t have to download these apps from an app store platform.
Benefits of PWAs:
- Compatible with all kinds of phones, browsers and platforms
- Fits to every screen size
- Consists of easy searching capabilities
6. Actionable content
Let’s say you come across one web content by an academic company,Myassignmenthelp. The content reads “We understand budget has been one of your main constraints. Thus, we offer interesting discounts that can help you afford our services. Order now and make the most of our discounts.” This is an example of actionable content where you address one of your customer’s issues and come up with a solution for it.
Benefits of client-centric actionable content:
- Establishes your credibility as a leader
- Promotes your content to the right set of audience
- Enhances or grows your knowledge base
7. AR and VR
Image source: www.cmo.adobe.com
Who would have thought that you can try out products before actually buying them? AR and VR technologies are here to make this possible for you and your target audience. These technologies have the potential to generate $70 to $75 billion in revenue by 2023.
How do AR and VR transform e-commerce?
- Customers get to try the product virtually and buy only after being satisfied completely.
- You can also provide access to every product feature to your customers by overcoming physical limitations.
- Your target audience can put on an AR headset and flip through a catalogue to make a better, informed decision.
More than 50% of online sales are going to come from mobile devices by 2021. In fact, these handheld devices are expected to generate nearly $2.90 trillion in sales in the e-commerce industry. So, if you haven’t built a mobile-responsive website yet, go ahead and build one soon. you can visit Web design Auckland to get more information about this.
Three reasons why you should have a mobile-friendly e-commerce website:
- Improves your brand recognition along with easier accessibility
- Caters an omnichannel experience and boosts sales
- Capitalizes on higher conversion rates of your websites
Having an e-commerce website is not enough in 2020. Your website should be at par the latest technology trends so that it stays ahead of the curve. Integrate these trends while building your new site or refreshing your existing e-commerce website and increase your customer base to a great extent. Good Luck.
Read Also: productivity tracking software
Ricky is a career consultant at a reputed firm in the United Kingdom. He also writes reviews for TopAssignmentReviews. Henry loves to bake cookies in his free time.