194 total views
According to Statista, the global e-reader market was valued at 18.13 million U.S. dollars in 2020 and is projected to reach 23.12 billion U.S. dollars by 2026.
The industry research firm MarketsandMarkets does a deep dive into the overall e-book market and estimates that it will grow from $16.5 billion in 2018 to $25 billion by 2023, registering a CAGR [Compound Annual Growth Rate] of 9.5 percent from 2018 to 2023. Grow from $16.5 billion in 2018 to $25 billion by 2023, registering a CAGR [Compound Annual Growth Rate] of 9.5 percent from 2018 to 2023.
ALSO READ: Amazon self-publishing
According to the Association of American Publishers, the trade e-book revenue in the United States amounted to 1.1 billion U.S. dollars in 2019 compared to 1.3 billion U.S. dollars in 2018 and 1.4 billion U.S. dollars in 2017, showing a noticeable downward trend with regard to revenues generated by e-books between 2017 and 2019 (Statista).
Despite more recent additions to Amazon’s family of Kindle devices, including the Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis (the latter being equipped with a large seven-inch screen), the Kindle is still the most popular e-reader in the world today, with an estimated third of all e-readers sold worldwide being Kindles
What is Amazon Kindle Publishing?
Direct Publishing on amazon Kindle allows you to self-publish eBooks, paperbacks, and hardcover books for free. We give you direct access to your book on Amazon, which gives you access to millions of readers. We also allow you to create a product detail page for your book.
It also gives you the option to expand your book’s availability on a global scale, making it more accessible for readers around the world.
Publishing with KDP gives you full rights to your book, which is not something a traditional publishing house typically allows. They will take your copyright and can prevent you from publishing elsewhere if they wish.
KDP allows you to publish eBooks (Kindle) and paperback books. KDP does not allow the creation of magazines, periodicals, or spiral bound books. For more information on what we do and don’t publish, please see our Terms & Conditions
When you’re ready to publish, follow the steps below:
- Set up your account. This is where we’ll ask for your name, tax information, and where you want your royalties to be sent.
- Create your book. Upload a manuscript file in one of the supported formats or create a new book from scratch using the KDP Bookshelf.
- Create an eBook detail page. This is where you’ll tell us about your book, including its title, description, price, keywords and more.
- Set up your paperback book detail page (optional). Publish both eBooks and paperbacks on KDP with a single ISBN purchased through Amazon’s partner, Bowker. Or use a free ISBN from CreateSpace if you publish in Paperback only with KDP Print.
- Publish and distribute your eBook globally on Kindle devices and Kindle apps for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, PC, Mac, Blackberry and Android-based devices.
- Publish and distribute your paperback worldwide on Amazon.com or any of Amazon’s European websites using KDP’s expanded distribution option (select countries).
- Create your book. Upload a manuscript file in one of the supported formats or create a new book from scratch using the KDP Bookshelf