65 total views
The C-level or senior executives of companies operate within crucial sectors, such as defense, energy, next-generation mobile technology, semiconductor, and nano-computer. These sectors are an open door towards cyber espionage, as their log-in credentials offer immediate access to sensitive data or information. All senior executives should be extra careful when they travel to adversary nations. It might bribe the hotel room service provider or the cab driver to gain access to any information. That is why the executive protection agency must include defense against all cyber-espionage activities. It is advised that all senior executives stay cautious when they visit nations, such as Russia, Iran, the Middle East, and China, high-risk locations.
Cybersecurity: An essential component
All companies carry an information security policy to guarantee that the information technology infrastructure gets updated with the newest antivirus and various security controls. But security policy may not cover executive protection. It’s because the companies have to make an executive protection plan to protect their executives from all kinds of cyber threats.
Many multinational companies have vice presidents, executive officers and directors, who require a protection plan, imbibing cybersecurity. But designing an executive protection plan might not be feasible for IT departments. It’s because there will be a lot of constraints in human resources and budget. It will be much better for organizations to opt for companies that offer cybersecurity for executive protection.
Measures a company must take as part of its protection plan
There are several measures that organizations or companies can implement to begin their executive protection plan. If you want to know what they are, check the information below.
- It will be much better to conduct a forensic analysis of the travel laptop when the executive returns.
- Avoid carrying targeted and highly vulnerable applications on laptops, such as the Adobe Acrobat Reader. These types of applications have always been a target to all black hat hackers. You can use an alternative PDF reader as a replacement.
- Don’t permit the senior executives to carry their laptops when they are travelling.
- Executives should try not to keep any vital information or data within their laptop. They should store all their critical data, files and presentations within flash drives and the executive to carry their flash drives all the time. It will be an excellent idea to have encrypted flash drives as they are something even hackers cannot open without a decrypted key or code.
- Organizations must provide all their senior executives with laptops that will never connect with the company or home-office network. This particular laptop must carry fewer applications and work files.
Final words to share
As there are so many risks involved, an information security officer who manages the executive protection plan must keep in mind that protecting an individual is not the same as defending a particular facility. With the help of a proper risk assessment exercise, companies or organizations can quickly build an effective executive protection plan, which involves cybersecurity. This particular plan will provide the best protection, which a senior executive deserves.