174 total views
Seeing this error on your system might leave you wondering. The possible cause behind it can be the missing Norton components and programs. They can hinder the path and make the error appear out of blue. But, you don’t need to be worried now as we are sharing some of the best solutions with you. Make sure to read the whole post to know the most effective techniques to fix this issue. Also, understand the error first.
Norton VPN Error ID 9012 13819: Definition & Description
Well, it is really important to know about the error first before moving ahead with any kind of troubleshooting as you will get a concept about the issue. So, keeping this in mind we will first learn the error text that comes with the issue. The error reads like “Error 9012, 13801: An error is preventing the VPN from connecting.”
Due to this error, VPN fails connection while functioning on the device. Thus, threatens the security shield of the system. To make Norton functions, we have to go through the solutions below but first, let’s learn other factors that trigger Norton VPN Error ID 9012 13819 with norton.com/setup.
Factors Triggering Norton VPN Error ID 9012 13819
There are specifically two causes that bring this irritation into the device. You can check out the pointers below to learn them:
- The base filtering engine is disabled.
- AuthIP IPsec and IKE Keying Modules are also not enabled.
These two things can strongly make the error appear. So, make sure to try out the possible solutions for rectifying it.
Solutions to Fix Norton VPN Error ID 13819
Well, it is obvious to get irritated while seeing some of the error issues because of its software. But, it is one of the best software and comes in different versions like Norton deluxe and Norton premium. If you want to upgrade your Norton software then make sure to first learn about the basic difference between Norton 360 deluxe vs premium. Now, move towards the troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 1: Try Out Google Public DNS
This is the first solution that we will try to fix this issue. You can move into the steps below to learn how to conduct the troubleshooting.
- Well, the steps are mandatory for Windows 10.
- So, start the procedure by right-clicking on the Start menu.
- Now, hit the tab named Network Connection.
- Once done, choose the Change Adapter button.
- Perform a right-click now and select the Properties tab.
- Tap double on the tab named Internet Protocol Version 5 (TCP/IPv4)
- Thereafter, choose any of the following DNS servers addresses such as:
- Set Alternate DNS server to 126.96.36.199 and Set Preferred SNS server to 188.8.131.52
- You can hit OK now.
- Finally, add Norton Secure VPN to connect with your system.
When all the steps are done, check out the error issue. If it is still there then move towards the next solution and fix the issue.
Solution 2: Commence the VPN related Networking Services
- First of all, you need to hit the two tabs named Windows + R button.
- Now, the run window opens, you need to enter the services.msc there.
- When the services window is accessed, move towards the tab named IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service.
- You can double-click on it to start.
- Well, in case the service is still not running then hit the Start button.
- Move your cursor towards OK.
- Now, access another service named Base Filtering Engine.
- Do the same with it if the service has not started.
- You can close the Services window now.
- Thereafter, access the application and enable the Secure VPN.
Solution 3: Uninstall Norton
- Hit the Windows + R button and access the Run window.
- You need to enter appwiz.cpl thereby hitting Enter.
- Make sure to go towards the installed programs list.
- From the list, find out Norton 360.
- Hit the Remove or Uninstall button to commence the uninstallation procedure.
- Make sure that you tap the tab named Please remove all user data.
- Consequently, choose Next from the window named Subscription Period Warning.
- Click on the Restart Now button.
- Make sure that the procedure will not take place till you restart the system.
Solution 4: Download Norton From Your Account
- To initiate, try to sign in to the account from the official site norton.com/setup.
- Enter the essential email address and password.
- You need to press the Sign-in button thereafter.
- Move towards the tab named Download Norton from the Get Started window.
- Once done, choose Agree & Download.
- As per your browser, do any of the following things.
- Access the Downloads window by hitting Command + Option + L (mac) and Ctrl + J (window).
- Subsequently, choose Continue from the User Account Control
- Go through the onscreen guidelines now to install and activate the Norton software.
From these four solutions, you will get rid of the Norton error 9012 13819. However, if there arise any further issues and problems then take some guidance from us by dropping about it.