329 total views
No one can deny that mobile technology increases productivity and efficiency, but field and industrial employees require mobile technology that can withstand their demanding working conditions. The ordinary consumer device was not designed with linemen or industrial workers in mind.
A lack of adequate robust solutions has impeded field and industrial workers’ shift from manual, paper-based procedures to smooth mobile workflows in various industries, such as transportation, logistics, field services, utilities, manufacturing, and public safety.
Many companies are still using outdated technology, such as huge computers mounted in trucks, two-way radios for communications, and proprietary barcode scanners for inventory management. Others have chosen consumer tablets with toughened casings for added durability. However, in the long run, the most effective answer is a rugged tablet that is designed to work in harsh situations.
Samsung has responded to this need with a line of robust tablets that includes the Galaxy Tab Active Pro and Tab Active3.
Samsung has created many unique capabilities that enable seamless processes for field operators, based on feedback from enterprise clients. These features are available on the Tab Active Pro and Tab Active3, and include:
- A water-resistant S Pen: Your team members can use the IP68-certified S Pen to jot down digital notes, sketch out ideas, and record signatures.
- Customizations for rapid access: You can choose which business apps you want to be able to access with a single click using the tablet’s physical programmable button.
- Replaceable battery: The long-lasting battery keeps your staff linked for hours, but if that isn’t enough, a spare battery may be used to keep workers connected. For speedy connection and charging, a heavy-duty pogo pin connector ensures rock-solid durability.
- Gloved functionality: Enhanced Touch features allow you to utilize the touchscreen while wearing gloves and even when the screen is wet.
- Samsung DeX: By attaching an external monitor and optional keyboard, employees may access desktop computer functions from anywhere. On TVs and monitors that support Miracast, DeX is now wireless.
The Tab Active Pro has all of the standard Samsung Galaxy features, including as high-resolution front and rear cameras, as well as biometric security features like fingerprint scanning and facial recognition. You can enjoy high-speed data connectivity wherever work takes you — and on your favorite carrier network — with Samsung’s unlocked 4G LTE devices.
These features are available on the Tab Active3 in a smaller package. It also has No Battery mode, which allows the device to run indefinitely when connected to an external power source – without the need for a battery. Because moving around in a factory (or other large industrial location) with several Wi-Fi hotspots might cause signal dropouts, the Tab Active3 includes a multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO) antenna technology that selects the best available transmission path at all times.
Beyond the device
Beyond hardware, the barriers of digital transformation are numerous. To turn a Rugged Android Tablet with GPS into a business-ready productivity tool, the suitable partner ecosystem must be built in order to give a complete end-to-end solution.
Samsung collaborated extensively with top software solution providers to develop turnkey solutions that address specific industrial demands for the Tab Active Pro and Tab Active3, including:
- Public safety: For first responders and incident commanders, we’ve worked with the best software suppliers of computer-aided dispatch (CAD) and situational awareness to ensure smooth connectivity with the Tab Active series — and the Samsung DeX platform.
- Manufacturing: AR-powered smart assistance systems like Librestream enable technicians to communicate seamlessly with distant specialists while troubleshooting issues at a customer location in manufacturing and field services.