Are you looking for the methods to fix QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816? So don’t worry, we are here to help you by providing all the steps to troubleshoot these errors and also the causes of this error. Follow the simple and easy steps correctly to fix this error on your own.
QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816 is a run time error. This error occurs on your screen when a user tries to open the company file. And it will appear with an error message like “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company files (error 6189 816)”. This issue indicates an error with the multi-user network, but it can be resolved easily. You just need to make sure that you have the QuickBooks file storage instruction in place.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6189 816
There are some factors that cause QuickBooks error 6189 and 816 on your system are the following mentioned below:-
- When the QuickBooks Components are missing and damaged.
- Company files on the network computer are in use by the program or process.
- This can be a common factor If the accessible issue is with the company file or folder on the QuickBooks host system.
- If the user can mistakenly delete the important drive from the system which needed to run the QuickBooks, then this mistake will lead you to this error.
- When a client signed up into the company file on single user mode, then this error can occur on your system.
- If there is any issue related to the QuickBooks registry values in the Windows registry.
- When antivirus affects your operating system then this issue appears.
- The network data is damaged by the source file on the QuickBooks server or the host system.
- When the QuickBooks hosting processes may make trouble on your system.
Methods to Fix Error 6189 816 when trying to open Company Files
There are some methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 6189 816, you have to follow all the methods correctly to resolve this error from your system:-
Method 1- Run Quick Fix my Program
For this method to perform you have to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub program:-
Step 1- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks software.
- Then, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit and save it so you can access it easily.
- Now, open the downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Now, you have to accept and agree with the terms and conditions that appear on your screen.
- When the installation is complete then you have to double-click on the icon from the desktop.
Step 2- Run Quick Fix my Program
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program problem tab to run the Quick fix my program.
- Then, click on Quick fix my program.
- Then follow by starting the QuickBooks Desktop and then opening the data files.
Also read- Quickbooks Sync manager Error Solution
Method 2- Move Company File to Local Drive
- It is suggested to move your company file to the local hard drive if the error continues and also if the company file is stored on the removable drive.
- You can store QuickBooks files on the server system. And the online files hosting servers add Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. seen convenient but are the issue.
- Also, it is recommended to avoid storing files on removable drives, as this is not designed to run QuickBooks or multi-user networks. Also, you have to avoid encrypting the QuickBooks files on the hard drive.
Method 3- QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then go to the network issues.
- Then, click on the QuickBooks database server manager. Then, it will ask you to install QuickBooks software, if you didn’t install it on your system.
- Now, go to the start scan option on the database server manager if you see the company files. Otherwise, you can browse the location and then click on the start scan tab.
- Then, it will resolve the Firewall permission. And when the process ends then, click on the close tab.
- At last, you have to open the QuickBooks.
Method 4- Restarting the System
Follow the below steps to reset the system:
- Restart the server computer.
- Then, reboot the workstations.
- Now, open the QuickBooks Desktop on your server system.
- At last, you need to open QuickBooks on the workstations.
Method 5- Download and Run QuickBooks Refresher tool
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks refresher and then install the files. It is recommended to save the file so that you can access it easily.
- Now, verify that no other task is running on the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, you have to close all the versions of QuickBooks that are running on your system.
- Run the program by double-clicking on the QBRefresher.exe file.
- Now, this tool will start in 30 sec by following all the instructions that appear on the QuickBooks.
- At last, when installation is finished then open the QuickBooks Desktop.
The above mentioned methods to fix QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816 will be helpful for you to resolve this error from your system. Users have to follow all the steps correctly and if you are facing any other error or issue on your system then you can visit our other articles to resolve them.