426 total views
Covid-19 has brought a major change in our lifestyles. It restricted us to our homes due to which any sort of physical meet was reduced to minimum. Soon after that reliance on online platforms grew be it shopping, meetings, entertainment, etc. All those people who did not consider buying products online became totally dependent on e-commerce platforms for it. Besides that schools and offices were shut due to which classes and meetings had to be conducted online. Also, all the sources of entertainment such as movie theaters, malls, parks, etc were not open for the public due to which dependency on OTT platforms grew.
On a whole the pandemic has transformed the lives of human beings in a way nobody ever thought of. Even if we talk about events, due to social distancing and physical meetings restrictions it became impossible to host any sort of public or private events. But thanks to online meeting platforms for bringing virtual events into play. Many people assume virtual events to be boring considering you are in the comfort of your own home and you do not get to participate that much as you would have done in an actual event. But that is not true at all there are many ways to make a virtual event interesting. Below given are some of them:
Make it interactive:
- In order to make your virtual event successful, it is important that you make it an interactive one. There is no point one person addressing the entire audience because that is going to make your event dull and boring.
- The better option is to communicate with your audience, plan such tasks which involves their participation and keeps them engaged. Go for ice breaking sessions because that is going to help your audience get comfortable.
- You can also plan certain fun activities for them in order to keep them involved.
Keep it brief:
- Long virtual events can turn out to be boring in no time rather it is advised to plan short and brief events which keeps your audience as much engaged as possible.
- Events are supposed to be fun and interesting. People do not want want to be part of that event that keeps going on and on without any fun element involved.
- They key to host a successful virtual event is to keep it short and brief to the point your audience finds it interesting and wants to be a part of it.
Plan fun activities:
- Fun activities are an essential part of an event. It keeps your audience engaged very well. And fun activities are not only a part of physical gathering events rather they can be a part of your virtual events as well.
- Virtual events can involves quizzes, questionnaires, poll sessions and other such fun activities to keep your audience engaged. No one prefers to attend such events which are monotonous and do not have any sort of entertainment or fun involved.
- Thus, whenever you plan to organize a virtual event make sure to keep it brief, interesting and full of activities.