189 total views
Many users opt to stay logged in to their Facebook account on the device they are using so that it’s easy to access their FB account suddenly. Sometimes, you may forget your Facebook account password. In such cases, Facebook offers many automated methods to recover your account. Some of these methods depend on the information you entered and validated while setting up your account. Given below are some methods that may help you to know how to reset Facebook password.
Some commonly used methods to recover your Facebook account
Facebook account recovery is a little-bit tricky process, especially when you do not have set any backup recovery options. You need to follow the steps given below to reset your Facebook password in both its application and website
Signing in with an alternate email or phone number
You may use an alternate email or mobile phone number to get back into your Facebook account. To know what alternate information you have provided, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the FB account recovery page,i.e., facebook.com/login/identify, and go through the following instructions.
- Enter your email address, phone number, full name, or username and click on the Search button.
- Once you enter your email address or phone number, then Facebook finds a match. Select the mode by which you want to receive your password reset code and then click on the Continue button.
- If you have entered a name in the search field, Facebook will display all the related search results. If you see your profile picture on the Screen, select This Is My Account. Otherwise, select the I am Not in This Listoption.
- After selecting your account, choose how you want to receive the password reset code and then press the Continue button (If you get your account but unable to access the phone number and email, Facebook will be unable to verify your identity).
- Now, you need to enter a new password and press Continue.
Once you are done with the above steps, your FB password is successfully changed. Now, you can access your account.
Steps to reset Facebook password on android phone
If you are using and android FB app on your mobile, follow the steps given below to reset the password:
- On the Facebook login screen, click on the Forgot Password option.
- Enter your email address, phone number, name, or username.
- Choose any of the Confirm via Email or Confirm via Text option, and then click the Continue button.
- Now, enter the password reset code.
- Facebook will now ask you whether you want to keep yourself logged in or Log out from other devices. Choose accordingly and then press the Continue button.
- Enter a new password and press Continue.
Once you are done with the above steps, check if you are able to access your Facebook account.
Reset Instagram Using Facebook
Once you learn how to reset Facebook password, you can also reset your FB password using Instagram. As Instagram provides you a secondary method to reset a password via your Facebook account. For this, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the “Forgot Password?” link on the sign-in screen and then tap the “Reset using Facebook” button.
- Enter your Facebook username and password and click on the “Log In” button.
- Enter a new password in the “New Password” fields and tap “Reset” to reset your Instagram password using your Facebook account.
Facebook provides you multiple ways by which you can recover your Facebook accounts, such as through alternate mail address, alternate phone number, or security code. You can easily reset your Facebook password without using any email address by using any of the above methods.