336 total views
If you want to get your passport made in a hurry, then you can apply for a Tatkaal passport through these steps.
All the documents that are made by the government are often in the minds of people about them that they are not easily made, but it is not so. If you know the right way, then the job becomes very easy for you. Getting a passport is also considered very difficult, but it is not. With the opening of the Passport Seva Portal in the last few years, this process has become much easier.
If you want to get a Tatkaal passport, which is to be made according to the Tatkaal scheme of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), then you can bring a passports within 7 days. Now there will be no need for a certificate from the gazetted officer for Tatkaal’s passport which was earlier.
Note: Due to Kovid-19, the rules of the passports office have changed in many places. Find out about the passports office in your area first.
1. First register on the Passport Seva Portal.
2. For this, go to the service portal, there will be a tab of Register Now, you have to click on it.
3. You have to fill the given form and keep in mind that after checking all the details, fill them correctly.
4. Now login with your official ID and password.
5. You will have two options in front of you, one fresh passport and the other option is re-issue passport.
6. Now after selecting Fresh Passport, you have to choose Tatkaal Scheme.
Here you will get a Tatkaal Scheme Form, which can be downloaded and filled or you can submit it by filling it online.
After this, the process of filling the fee will come where you will have to pay the fee of the passports immediately and make an appointment. You will also need to take a printout of the online payment receipt. Whenever you book an appointment, try to visit the nearest Passports, Seva Kendra. It will be easy for you to get a Tatkaal passport if you first check whether you come under the category of getting it made or not. You will find the eligibility criteria for the same on the Passports Seva Kendra site.
Which documents will be required?
Any service photo ID proof issued by the government
If you have a weapon license then it is a must
Pension documents if you are retired
Income Tax ID (PAN Card)
If you want, you can also keep the post office, bank passbook, etc.
Birth certificate if born after 1989
Any three of these documents can be taken. Students should also keep their 10th mark sheet carefully.
What is the fee for the Tatkaal passport?
1. People below 15 years of age – 36 page passport – Rs 3000
2. People of 15-18 years (Validity till the person turns 18) – 36 page passport – Rs 3000
3. People of 15-18 years (Validity-10 years) – 36 pages – Rs 3500
4. 15-18 Years Low (Validity-10 Years) – 60 Pages – Rs 4000
5. Above 18 years -36 pages – Rs 3500
6. Above 18 years – 60 pages – Rs 4000
The fee for the Tatkaal passport can be paid through any online mode. Tatkaal passports prove to be more expensive than normal ones, but they are quick to make.