379 total views
Quickbooks error 1303 can be frustrating for a lot of users because it makes the user unable to the software on the system. When you install Quickbooks on the system, the error message may appear on the system and interrupt the installation process. The error usually occurs because of the fewer control permissions. It makes the system group unable to access a directory because of a lack of control. Other than this, the error may also appear on the screen when there is some other installation issue present on the system. In this post, we have explained why users can face the issue and also how they can resolve it. Keep reading this guide to troubleshoot Quickbooks error 1303 in some simple steps.
Sources of Quickbooks Error 1303
To know what leads to Quickbooks error 1303, check out the possible reasons below.
- Your system may not have enough space to store the files.
- The system group may not have enough control permissions.
- You may have configured the Windows file-sharing settings incorrectly.
- Quickbooks installation has some technical issues.
Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1303
Solution 1: Download and Install Quickbooks Tool Hub
The very first method on our list is to use the Quickbooks tool hub on your system. The tool is integrated with all the Quickbooks tools like Quickbooks file doctor, Quickbooks database server manager, and others so that you do not have to download different tools for different errors. You can fix most errors with this tool. To resolve Quickbooks error 1303, you can use the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool using the Quickbooks tool hub. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, open the official Quickbooks website. Look for the downloads option and choose to download the Quickbooks tool hub.
- You will then have to open the installation window by clicking on the downloaded file.
- Follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process. You will then have to choose I agree on the prompt displaying terms and conditions.
- When done, you need to run the tool on the system.
- You will now have to choose the installation issues tab and then run Quickbooks install diagnostic tool on the system.
- Run the tool on the system and check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Run the Utility Tool
Running the utility will reset all the settings for group or group permissions. This issue may work for you to a large extent. So, it is advised to run the utility on the system. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, open the permissionsfix.bat link.
- Next, you will have to save the file on your system. Make sure to save the file on the desktop of the affected system.
- You will then have to double-click on the file. A DOS window will now open on the screen, and then you will have to type Y in the window.
- When done, it will reset all the settings. It will ask you whether you want to continue with the process or not? (Y/N)
- Here, make sure that you type y in lowercase. If you type it the other way, it will show an error on the system.
- You will then have to press any key on the keyboard and close the DOS window.
- In the end, you will have to insert the CD and then install the application again.
Solution 3: Fix Quickbooks Error 3371 Manually
This is the final solution that we suggest following you. Here, you will have to fix the error manually. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Modify the Required Permissions
- First, you need to open the Run window on the screen.
- Now, in the Run window, type C:\Program Data\ Common Files. You will then have to press the Ok button.
- After this, click on the organize option. You will now have to click on the properties option.
- When done, you will have to click on the security option and then choose the advanced tab.
- Now, click on the Edit option.
- The list of permissions will appear on the system, and you need to now double click on the option for system users option.
- Choose the checkbox for full control and hit the Ok button.
- You will have to choose the everyone group option if it is available.
- Tick the checkbox to replace all inheritable permissions.
- Choose the ok option.
- You will then have to install the Quickbooks application on the system.
Step 2: Disable File Sharing
- First, you will have to press the windows and R key and open the Run window on the screen.
- In the Run window, you will have to type RunDll32.exe, shell32.dll, option_Run Dll0, and then press the enter key.
- When done, you will have to choose the view tab and then choose the advanced settings option.
- Untick the option for file sharing.
- When done, click on Ok and install the application on the system.
Following the steps mentioned above will help you get rid of the Quickbooks error 1303 easily. In case you face the issue again, we suggest you seek technical guidance to get rid of the issue.