960 total views
Quickbooks is undoubtedly one of the best accounting software available in the market. It has indeed changed the way to carry out accounting activities. But, besides all the great features it offers, there are some glitches that you will have to face. Sometimes, these glitches can be resolved quickly, and sometimes, they need technical help. In this post, we have talked about one such technical glitch with error code 3371. Quickbooks error code 3371 is an installation or registration error that you encounter while registering or setting up a company file on the system. If you have stumbled upon the same issue and are unsure how to resolve it, this article is what you need.
Indications of Error Code 3371
Here are all the possible signs and symptoms of the Quickbooks error code 3371.
- First, your system may start hanging up while operating a particular operation.
- An unidentified HTML file is present on the system.
- You can no more open the Quickbooks file or application on the system.
- The error may occur when you copy files from a C drive to any other drive.
Troubleshooting Ways to Resolve Quickbooks Error Code 3371
Here is a complete troubleshooting guide to resolve the Quickbooks error 3371. Here are some of the troubleshooting methods that we suggest you use to resolve the error code 3371.
Method 1: Install Entitlement File Again
The entitlement file includes the Quickbooks application details and ensures that the installation of the software is valid. Discrepancies in the entitlement files can lead to different errors in Quickbooks. So, deleting the Quickbooks file and registering the application again will help you get rid of the issue to a great extent.
- To start with, you will have to look for the entitlementdatastore.ecml file in its respective folder under Intuit ProgramData folder.
- Now, you will have to click on the file and then permanently delete it from the system.
- Next, you will have to start Quickbooks again and follow all the instructions on the screen to complete the registration process.
- If you cannot resolve the issue with this method, consider switching to the following method without wasting time.
Method 2: Updating Windows
Now, if Quickbooks is not facing any performance issues, there are chances that you have encountered the error because of using an outdated Windows version. So, we suggest you update windows to the latest version. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to search for the available updates for Windows.
- Click on the check for updates option. If the updates are available, you will have to choose to install the updates.
- Other than this, you will see a “You’re up to date” message on the screen.
Method 3: Terminate All Running Programs on the System
There are chances that the Quickbooks processes running in the background are interrupting the Quickbooks from running correctly on the system.
- For this, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks application on the system.
- You will then have to terminate all the applications running on the system.
- Now, open the Run window. You will then have to type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8. When done, click on the Ok button.
- You will then have to start task manager on the system, choose the processes tab, and choose the QBW32.exe instances.
- When found, click on the same and then choose End task.
- You will then have to delete the EntitlementDataSatore.ecml file on the system and start the Quickbooks file. Register on the application.
Method 4: Download And Run Tool Hub
Quickbooks tool hub is an integration of all the tools available to get rid of the Quickbooks errors. It has different tools like Quickbooks file doctor, install diagnostic tool, connection diagnostic tool, and more to get rid of the company file issue, network errors, Quickbooks unrecoverable error, Quickbooks update errors, etc. So, to fix Quickbooks error code 3371, we recommend you use the Quickbooks tool hub.
Step 1: Start Quick Fix My Program
- First, you will have to end the Quickbooks application.
- Now, you will have to download and install the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- When installed, click on the downloaded file to run it on the system.
- Go to the program problems tab in the tool hub window and then choose Quick fix my program.
- You will then have to choose the Ok button.
- Wait for the process to scan and diagnose the issue and then resolve it.
- In the end, terminate the application and then start Quickbooks.
Step 2: Start Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Start with opening the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- You will then have to go to the installation issues option.
- Under this tab, choose Quickbooks to install diagnostic tool option.
- Run the tool on the system. Let the tool detect and fix the issue.
- When done, you will have to restart your system.
Step 3: Run Error Fix
- First, open the Quickbooks application on the system.
- Now, go to the installation issues option and then choose the 3371 error fix option.
- Wait for it to complete. On completion, choose ok and end the process.
Hopefully, all the methods mentioned above will help you get rid of the Quickbooks error 3371 easily. We have tried explaining each technique in detail for your convenience and other relevant information for the error. We hope that this has helped you.