344 total views
Error Code 15215 is a standard payroll update error that most users come across. You will encounter this error when you attempt to download the payroll update or download the maintenance release. Because of this issue, your system may stop responding or respond very slowly. Other than this, this can also occur when the application is not able to access the server. In this article, we have explained why you encounter Quickbooks update error 15215 and how to get rid of the same.
Reasons for Encountering an Update Error
One of the primary reasons behind this error is that the internet explorer is not configured correctly. Therefore, when you download anything from the application, the digital signature is verified. In case you are not able to verify the signature, the error will occur on the system. Here, we have listed all the other possible reasons you can face Quickbooks update error 15215.
- Quickbooks is not installed correctly on the system.
- In case the Quickbooks payroll file is corrupted.
- You can also face the issue if any application has deleted the Quickbooks company file mistakenly or deliberately.
- Moreover, incorrectly configured Internet Explorer is a principal reason for this issue.
- Next, you can also face the issue if different applications present on your system are disrupting the process of Quickbooks.
Easy Fixes to Get Rid of Quickbooks Update Error 15215
Usually, Quickbooks error 15215 occurs because of different applications running in the background and disrupting payroll’s downloading and updating process. Here, we have listed all the fixes that you can use to get rid of the issue.
Fix 1: Restarting Your System
This is the prevalent method that most of us use when getting rid of issues with any application. So, the first solution that we recommend you follow is to start your system again. When you restart your system, it will close or reset the application preventing you from downloading the updates.
After restarting your system, you need to check if any other application is running on your system or not. You will then have to start Quickbooks and check if the error is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Modify the Internet Settings on Your System
Now, you can also encounter the Quickbooks error 15215 because of the incorrect internet settings. Below we have explained all the steps to change the internet settings.
- For this, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks application if opened on the system.
- After this, you need to start Internet Explorer on the system.
- Now, hover to the Tools icon in the Explorer window and then choose the Internet Options tab.
- Following this, choose the advanced settings option.
- Under this, you will have to find the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.2, and Use TLS 1.1.
- After this, you will have to make sure that you have marked the option for Use TLS 1.0.
- Also, you need to ensure that the option for Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not marked.
- Now, to save the changes, you will have to choose the OK button.
- When done, you will have to terminate the Internet Explorer on the system.
- Now, start the system again and then begin the Quickbooks application on the system.
- In the end, you will have to try downloading the Quickbooks update on the system.
Fix 3: Starting Windows in Selective Startup Mode
If you are still facing the same issue, we suggest you check all the processes running on the system that can conflict with the working of the Quickbooks application. For this, go through the steps mentioned below.
- In case opened, terminate the Quickbooks application from the system.
- Next, you will have to start the Run window on the screen.
- When done, in the Run window, you will have to type MSConfig and then choose the OK button.
- Now, the system configuration utility window will open on the screen.
- You will have to click on the selective startup option and then untick the opportunity for the Load startup option.
- When done, you will have to click on the OK button and save all the changes made.
- Now, you need to start your system again. When the system restarts, you will have to begin Quickbooks and download a task table on the system.
- You will have to open the System configuration utility window again if you can download it, following the steps mentioned above.
- You will then have to click on the Normal startup option and then choose the OK button.
- When done, you need to start your system again,
We have poured all our efforts into writing this troubleshooting guide for you. We hope that this guide has helped you resolve Quickbooks error 15215. In case you continue facing the issue, we will advise you to talk to the support team.