Fed up of continuously seeing blinking LED on your Netgear WiFi range extender? Tried everything to solve it but nothing worked? Need not to worry! Just go through the troubleshooting tactics given in this article to get rid of the issue in a fly. Keep reading!
For better understanding, we have divided the article into 2 different sections:
- Firstly, we will provide you all the reasons why your Netgear WiFi range extender continuous blinking.
- Secondly, we will share the troubleshooting tactics to fix the issue.
Scroll down a little to go through the full post!
Why your Netgear extender LED Blinks Continuous
Continuous blinking LED on your Netgear WiFi range extender might ruin your internet experience. Apart from that, it also decreases the performance of your Netgear extender and drops the WiFi signals as well. So, it is crucial to know the reason behind it and find the solution to fix the issue as soon as possible.
Reason 1: Improper Placement of Your Netgear WiFi Extender
Solution: Consider this as one of the most important step to fix the issue. If you see blinking LED continuously on your device after Netgear WiFi extender setup, then keep the points highlighted below into consideration. Keep scrolling!
- Place the extender at the center-most area in your home, not too far and not too closer to your router.
- Do not place your range extender into a congested, lower, and non-ventilated area.
- Avoid placing the device in an area in your home where it is fetching neighboring WiFi signals.
Reason 2: Outdated Netgear Extender Firmware
Solution: An outdated firmware version of the Netgear WiFi extender firmware might be another reason behind the blinking LED issue. To fix this, navigate to mywifiext setup page, follow the on-screen instructions and update the firmware of your Netgear device. Besides, you can also navigate to the official site of Netgear to get the job done.
In the event that you don’t know how to update Netgear extender firmware, drop a line into the comments section.
Reason 3: Partial Netgear extender setup
Solution: During the Netgear extender setup process, you commit any mistake, then also you might confront continuous blinking light on your device.
So, to say bye-bye to the issue, ensure to complete the Netgear extender setup process.
Still the Same? Fret not! Try a few more tactics highlighted below.
- Establish a Solid Connection
Bear in mind – if you haven’t made a solid connection between your Netgear extender, existing router, PC, laptop or mobile device, then also you might see blinking LED on the device. To get the most out of your extender and to various issues with it, connect your router to the extender wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable. Now, see if this troubleshooting tactic has fixed the blinking LED issue for you or not. If the issue still persists, without much delay – jump onto the next step.
- Power Cycle Your Netgear Extender
Consider this as the last resort. After applying this step, you might not see the blinking LED on your Netgear device any more. Let’s take the plunge!
How to Power Cycle Your Netgear extender?
- First of all, if your Netgear WiFi extender is connected with your router, PC or laptop, consider disconnecting it.
- Then, unplug your Netgear extender from its wall outlet and wait for a few seconds.
- After that, plug your Netgear extender back in.
- Wait for the LEDs on your Netgear extender to become stable.
In a Nutshell
Even if after following the aforementioned troubleshooting tactics, allow us to help you. And, also share your feedback with us – if any method helped you out.
click here for more articles