One of the first customized packaging was kraft boxes. Because they are straightforward, affordable, and simple to create, they have long been the industry leader in packaging before the introduction of luxurious and vibrant designs. Thus, while choosing this type of box or packaging, there are a few small concerns you should bear in mind. Designing a Kraft paper box requires simple approaches. You must understand that customized packaging has become the need of all businesses in this era. In this article, we’ll examine all of the customization options and try to pick the best ones. Let’s discuss the quickest and easiest ways to customize them.
What are Kraft boxes?
Paper or kraft boxes are examples of natural materials. The distinctive brown color, coarse texture, and cardboard-like hardness of kraft paper make it easy to identify. Kraft papers, like all other types of paper, come from the tree’s pulp, which is where most of the wood fibers are concentrated. Moreover, they are natural because they retain the original tree’s characteristics and have undergone less purifying or bleaching processes. But the white paper you are familiar with and use every day was extensively chlorine bleached. By using kraft paper, you are implying that the paper is more sustainable. Hence, aside from becoming less environmentally friendly, using other materials like bleached papers may pose significant health hazards.
Types of Kraft Paper Boxes
There are several varieties of kraft paper boxes, including:
Straight Tuck Boxes
The most popular type of box used for packaging is the straight tuck box. At both ends, it has comparable flaps that fold into the box. The box has two parallel sets of winged supports and two large flaps at either end. Hence, it is a perfect box for beauty products, including lotions, foundations, and other items.
Lock Bottom Boxes
By looking at the bottom, you may identify a lock bottom box. Its bottom flaps lock into the shape of an envelope for mail. Thus, you may store heavy items like ceramics and glass glasses in lock-bottom boxes. Moreover, its latched flaps offer stability and longevity for the commodities it transports.
Reverse Tuck Boxes
Straight tuck boxes and reverse tuck boxes are comparable. Their primary flaps are positioned opposite each other, which is the only distinction. Hence, you can use custom kraft boxes for packaging cosmetics and bath soap.
Crash Bottom Boxes
Crash bottom boxes have stronger and more durable base flaps than lock bottom boxes because they overlap and are cemented together. Because of the use of glue, crash bottom boxes are a fantastic choice for commodities and items that require more strength. You may also package luxury and delicate objects with high breaking potentials in crash bottom boxes.
Customizing and Designing Kraft Boxes
The nature of kraft papers makes design a little more difficult, and its grainy, brownish natural design gives you less customized alternatives. There are, however, solutions to everything. You can also elegantly embellish your kraft paper box with wonderful graphics in different ways. This article will let you know about this process.
You can use custom labels to personalize your packaging. The personalized label is typically used for marketing. It should have your brand’s logo and any other messages or details you want to convey to your customers. It shouldn’t be difficult for you to select the ideal color match when adding your personalized label. Thus, you should get a flawless and readable label if you combine black and white graphics. Moreover, if necessary, you might quietly employ extra colors like dark blue or red to display your product details.
Custom Imprints and Color Designs
Many brands enjoy extensively customizing their boxes. They would prefer to include sauce and frosting in their packaging instead of leaving customers with a box of brown and monotonous colors. Hence, custom printing with inks is one technique to achieve this. You can imprint your customized kraft boxes wholesale in essentially four different ways:
- Full-color printing: In this instance, you directly apply a complete CMYK color ink on the kraft paper. Thus, utilizing brown kraft paper’s biological properties with full-color printing gives you the impression of printing on bleached paper.
- Printing in an all-black color: Many brands favor using only black when designing their display kraft boxes. Thus, you can compromise on calligraphy and typography while still creating a traditional design by boldly inking the kraft paper.
- White ink printing: On your personalized paper box, you can only add white ink as opposed to all-black color printing. Thus, you should seek the advice of skilled printing businesses because this form of printing demands knowledge.
- Vivid color printing: Bright colors spice up the kraft paper similarly to full-color printing. Hence, in this category, you are free to include vivid pictures and patterns like real graphics and photos.
CutoutsCutouts are another method to decorate your kraft box packaging in addition to using random colors. They complement your brand’s advertising efforts and are fashionable.
You might employ cutouts for your paper box for the following reasons:
- Your customer can easily see the products inside. Since customers can easily see the goods inside, you don’t need to include a lot of information on your packaging.
- Furthermore, buyers can smell cosmetic and scented products without having to open the package, which might be inconvenient for them.
- Cutouts are unique and add diversity to your packaging. Thus, they can spice up your package since manufacturers don’t often employ them in their designs.
- It is an excellent branding option. A customer’s ability to recall and recognize a brand in the marketplace makes it the ideal kind of branding. Thus, to assist your clients in remembering you every time they see your products on the market, use cutouts to shape your brand or the most noticeable information.
Hot Foil Stamps
The most premium products would benefit from this customized design’s timeless appeal. Embossing is a technique that hot foil stamps use to decorate paper boxes. Thus, to be effective, it needs a high level of competence. You might wish to experiment with hot foil stamps on your next packaging campaign. Hence, people will adore it.
You now know what kraft boxes are, how they’re made, and how to design them. Before designing and personalizing them, you may keep in mind some of the suggestions we have explained here. Moreover, if you utilize an uncoated paper box, designing a custom paper box doesn’t require much ability or technical knowledge. However, if you require a different packaging design, the situation will be different.